- Designs, codes, tests, debugs, documents, and implements changes to new and existing software applications.
- Documents code with guidance from senior team members.
- Participates in design and codes small to large software applications as part of a team.
- Performs application testing to assure delivery meets the user’s requirements. Assists project managers in conducting fact-finding, which will result in the formulation and definition of the system scope and objectives for developing or modifying information software applications.
- Provides accurate estimates for a single application.
- Supports internal policies and procedures (standards, controls and metrics).
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively within own team, across other IT teams and management.
- Demonstrates ability to resolve complex software issues related to a single application.
- Demonstrates understanding of various departments within IT and IT’s function within the company.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3 to 5 years of application development experience using Python, C#, Perl or other scripting languages.
- Experience in ETL tools and integration design, development and deployment.
- Experience with an enterprise scheduling tool; Control M is preferred.
- Experience with databases, PostgreSQL preferred; Teradata, Oracle, DB2 are also acceptable.
- Experience with SQL is preferred.
- Knowledge of actuarial, annuity or insurance products is strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Analysis or equivalent work.